The year is 1956

1955mercury 1955mercury

The year is 1956

I just acquired this Bulova in a non-running state. I put a new main spring in it this morning and brought it back to life. I think it is a 1956 "Minute Man" but I would like a professional opinion because it seems Bulova changed the case style on the 'Minute Man" several timesover the years. It has a 11AC 17 jewel L6 movement and a signed crown. I haven't done any cleaning on it yet. I think it is going to look real nice after I do.

bobbee bobbee

Re: The year is 1956

Yes, buddy, that is a Minuteman. Looks pretty sweet too, the dial and case look great!
Here are pics o Lisa's 1957 example, and the 1956 advert.

1955mercury 1955mercury

Re: The year is 1956

Thanks Bobbee. That makes me feel so special, I finally got one right. And the ad just
gave me a good chuckle. I just replaced a broken, unbreakable main spring. Lol.
bobbee bobbee

Re: The year is 1956

I know what you mean merc, I had a beautiful mint 1950's  watch with the same thing happen, I don't think they expected the watches to last this long!