Request help to identify my Accutron

rvanderz rvanderz

Request help to identify my Accutron

Hi.  I bought this watch in the mid 70's as new and I am looking for some info about it:  Model, actual age, other.  I am wondering if the case M4 is mistaken as the movement is identified as 2181G.  See pictures.

Thanks

watchophilia watchophilia

Re: Request help to identify my Accutron

This post was updated on .
Hi!  Thanks for sharing your watch with us.  It's a very nice Accutron dated 1964 (that's what the M4 on the back means).  I could not find an exact match for it amongst the available advertisements, but that's not surprising, since there were a lot more Accutrons than we have advertisements for them.  I can say that it was likely called an "Accutron Calendar", followed by a variant designation, e.g., "Accutron Calendar A" (or, instead of a letter variant, a number may have been used to indicate the model).  The naming convention appears to have been simply "Accutron" plus the variant designation for watches with no day or date window, "Accutron Calendar" plus the variant designation for watches with just the date, and "Accutron Day & Date" for watches showing both the name of the day (e.g., Saturday) and day of the month (e.g., 10).  Which variant of the Accutron Calendar your watch is, unfortunately, I cannot say at this time.
- Lisa