Newly Adopted

1955mercury 1955mercury

Newly Adopted

This is the newest member of my Bulova family. It's a 1951 with a 10BT 17 jewel movement. I haven't cleaned it or done anything to it yet. It has a broken main spring right now. But it has a nice dial and a signed crown and the case will be nice after cleaning. There is no wear through, even though my photos may look like there is. That's just dirt. Please help identify it and if possible, tell me if it has the correct crystal. The one on it is 4 faceted one. I don't like it, but if that is what it is suppose to have, I will leave it on.

bobbee bobbee

Re: Newly Adopted

That little gem is the Ardsley, not sure if the crystal is original. But, if the boot fits.....
1955mercury 1955mercury

Re: Newly Adopted

After a bath and a new main spring.

I'll never understand why when you have a small watch screw in your tweezers the phone will ring everytime. My phone hadn't rang all morning, but while I was putting this watch back together it rang 6 times. After I got it back together, the phone
hasn't rang once.
bobbee bobbee

Re: Newly Adopted

unhook the damn thing! That baby is looking good, buddy.