Help me please with identification

Kavalier149 Kavalier149

Help me please with identification

Hello, I have got this Bulova but I am not sure which type it is. I would say 1951 Walton but I am not sure and I need to buy new crystal now so please help me guys. Thank you and have a great day.

watchophilia watchophilia

Re: Help me please with identification

Hi, Kavalier.  Thanks for sharing your watch with us.

We're going to need additional information to ID your watch, because there's more than one model that used that case.  You are correct that it could be the Walton, but it could also be the Hancock.  We also need to verify the date of your watch.

So, please tell us everything that is stamped on the back of the case.  Then, you'll need to open the watch and tell us what's stamped on the movement (the inner workings of the watch).

The date codes we need--from both the case and movement--are explained in Dating a Bulova and Bulova Date Codes.

The jewel count will be clearly stamped on the movement, though you may need good magnification to read it.

Whether your watch is the Hancock or the Walton, the tonneau shaped crystal that you need is the G-S MT277 (20.8mm x 20.3mm) or BB MT2089 (20.89mm x 20.4mm) or Watch-Craft P3MC209 (20.9mm x 20.5mm).
- Lisa