Can anyone identify this Ladies 14K WG

tinaboot tinaboot

Can anyone identify this Ladies 14K WG

petite in size
manual wind
Crystals or diamonds?
watchophilia watchophilia

Re: Can anyone identify this Ladies 14K WG

Hi, Tina.  Nice watch.  We're going to need a bit more information about it, though, to help you figure out what it is.

First, either inside the back of the case or outside, there should be a two-character code that begins with a letter, followed by a number.  There should be a matching (or very close) code on the movement.  What are those codes on your watch?  If you want more information about how these codes tell us the date of the watch, visit Dating a Bulova and Bulova Date Codes.

Also, what is the metal description, which also should be stated on the back of the case.

While you're getting that information, I'll glance through the ads using my best guess regarding the date.

As for whether the diamonds are real, we'll have a better idea if we find a matching advert, but the only way to know for sure is to take the watch to a jeweler and have the stones tested.
- Lisa
watchophilia watchophilia

Re: Can anyone identify this Ladies 14K WG

I did find an ad that appears to be showing a matching watch.  It's dated 1960 and shows your watch as one of the La Petite models, of which there were quite a few.  According to the ad, those are diamonds on the watch itself, but you have a different bracelet, so I can't speak to the genuineness of those stones.

- Lisa
tinaboot tinaboot

Re: Can anyone identify this Ladies 14K WG

on case it is marked 14 k.  at bottom of case are the numbers 98586

that looks like it. perhaps the added clasp and links were added instead of the original.
tinaboot tinaboot

Re: Can anyone identify this Ladies 14K WG

I will have the bracelet and watch looked at.  Since the bracelet part was either modified by orignal owner or by Bulova? Is there any value to this watch?
watchophilia watchophilia

Re: Can anyone identify this Ladies 14K WG

Tina, I deleted the image you included in your last post because it was huge.  Per the image loading instructions for the site, you need to reduce the image size to small (though sometimes medium works too).  The large size is just way too big.

I was able to see in your last image that the case is marked 14k and that there is no date code on the back of the case.  The serial number in a late model like yours is useless as a dating mechanism.

Is there anything printed on the inside of the back of the case?

It is not unusual to find no date code on the case in a solid gold model.  My experience has been that solid gold and silver models, as well as many stainless steel, do not bear the normal markings, indicating, in my view, that they were made outside of Bulova's normal production process.

Were you able to find a two-character code on the movement?  The picture of the movement that you posted was not clear enough for me to read the details.

As for the bracelet not matching the ad, that's not a surprise, and it does not, in my opinion, change the fact that you have a La Petite.  It may make it a different variant within the La Petite line, but I believe that's still the correct model name.  I'm sure there were several options for the band available at the time of purchase, and whoever bought yours went with the expensive choice.  It looks like the bracelet was designed to go with the watch, so those probably are real diamonds on the bracelet as well as the watch.
- Lisa
watchophilia watchophilia

Re: Can anyone identify this Ladies 14K WG

Yes, the watch has value.  Assuming those are real diamonds, it could have quite a high value, depending on how you sell it and who's looking to buy when you do.  Watch eBay for a while and see how much people get for a solid gold ladies' model with lots of diamonds and the matching bracelet.  It's a VERY nice watch.
- Lisa
tinaboot tinaboot

Re: Can anyone identify this Ladies 14K WG

thank you for deleting pic (i thought I did,lol forgot to change the size)
On 1/23/2013 2:47 PM, watchophilia [via Watchophilia Forums] wrote:
[...]

http://watchophilia-forums.32196.n6.nabble.com/Can-anyone-identify-this-Ladies-14K-WG-tp91p96.html
To unsubscribe from Can anyone identify this Ladies 14K WG, click here.
NAML

tinaboot tinaboot

Re: Can anyone identify this Ladies 14K WG

thank you Lisa, yes it is beautiful.  But may be interested in selling, for the right price,  would a jeweler beable to appraise it?  Do you know approximate value (sight unseen and if bracelet is real diamonds)

I also have a Vintage Ladies Geneva hinged watch 14K yellow gold 17 jewels

tinaboot tinaboot

Re: Can anyone identify this Ladies 14K WG

I could not make out the writing on inside of cover need a stronger magnifier.  I would keep it but it does not fit my wrist.  I coud not make out the markings on the movements, the picture ws the best magnifier I could do.  I don't want to keep taking it a part, I don't want to damage it.  You have been extremely helpfull I thank you and love this site.