BB

bobbee bobbee

BB

Lisa, did you notice that in your Beau Brummel article, the watch that Shawn had is the one in the 1965 BB "S" ad? Bang to rights!
By the way, Ken got his watches back today at long last.
It has taken over 18 months, but "he" has finally "restored" them to their rightful owner!
(pun intended!)
Bob.
watchophilia watchophilia

Re: BB

This post was updated on .
Hi, Bob.  I'm not at all sure that Shawn's Beau had 23 jewels as specified in the "SS" ad.  I believe that it did not, which would mean that it is not a match for the "SS".  Note as well that the "SS" ad reads "23 Jewels" on the dial, whereas Shawn's does not.  The devil is in the details!

Similarly, I have a model that looks just like a Beau depicted in an ad that specifies 23-jewels, but my example has only 17 jewels.  To date, I have it labeled as an unknown rather than a Beau, based on the non-conforming jewel count.  It could just be one of the many Beau variants (now that we know Beau's did come with as few as 17 jewels) but it's difficult to say for sure at this point.  Here's the one to which I'm referring:  http://www.watchophilia.com/photogallery/bulovas-1960-1969/a1967-unknown7/  Note that it too does not state the jewel count on the dial, which most--but not all--Beaus do.  What do you think about this example?

Please pass along my congratulations to Ken on finally getting his watches back.  A little bad public press quite often gets people to do the right thing.  I hope he has more success getting his watches restored in a timely manner in the future.  Please pass along Mike (TimeMachines) information to him.  Mike is highly qualified and very reliable and honest.  As Ken is now painfully aware, not every so-called watch restorer fits that description.
- Lisa
Kunapets Kunapets

Re: BB

Bob - I found Lisa's site a few days ago and e-mailed with her. Seems like a real nice lady.

Just to clear it up - "Mr X" only had my watches 11 months. I got the 1960 President back from a watchmaker today. He pressed the crystal in for $5. It looks great.
bobbee bobbee

Re: BB

Great news, Ken! This site is excellent, and Lisa is very knowledgeable about these babies and is extremely helpful too.